Natural Revelation: The scientific laws of cosmology & evolution starting with the "Big Bang" appears to be God’s method of creating the visible universe, life and humans. God’s creation is God’s
, which brings many (most—80%) people to a sense of awe and spiritual quest ( Romans 1:20) For a theologically inclusive overview of God, Creation and/or Christian Evolution --download the Book
5) God uses Sacred Myths and Stories as an intentional biblical literary genre that facilitates a collective experience of God, a spiritual identity, interpersonal lifestyle ethics, and social meaning and purpose via the sacred stories & narratives that are full of truth, which may also have significant historical basis/context.
Parables (short sacred stories) are another intentional genre that facilitates paradigmatic/pragmatic accommodation in our brains and facilitates a transformative spiritual experience, leading to discussion, exploration, and maturity in our divine cognitive experience while living in and through the Kingdom of God—a place where God rules.
6)Returning to the Four Traditional Ways of Interpreting Scripture:
We promote returning to and valuing the Fourfold levels of reading scriptures.
The Jewish tradition practiced a fourfold level of reading scriptures, distinguishing the literal, allegorical, homiletical, and mystical ways of approaching the sacred text. First century and The Orthodox & Catholic Christian traditions practice the “four senses of Scripture,” roughly corresponding to the levels described in the Jewish way of reading scriptures as delineated above, differentiating the first— literal or “material”— level from the next three “spiritual” ways of reading.
7. God’s Word (the Bible) is a portal to a person’s and a communities’ experience of the God, in and through the Divine Spirit of Jesus, the Church, and Creation.
Sacred literature helps us see God in all things, and explore how God over time used cosmic-biopsychosocial-cultural evolution to dis-close the nature of the Divine Essence.
8. Historical, Objective/Academic, Scientific examination of creation, sacred scriptures, and human phenomenon does not diminish the reality of Divine Encounter & Experience. Scientific study can increase clarity and insight regarding how God does things in and through creation and human biopsychosocial-cultural development. We need not fear the error and/or “delusion” of radical reductionism, because post modern organic (brain based) epistemology (the philosophy of how we or our brain’s know things) provides the alternative of Micro-Macro Causation within Emergent Interactionalism.Divine Essence is an absolute uncertainity in our universe of Emergent Complexity out of Chaos. In other words, God can not be proven or disproven. God's existance is statistically a 50% chance (Amir Aczel, Why Science Does Not Disprove God). Thus we are free to accept or reject in our ignorance or intelligence that the universe has a Divine Essence or not. If the existence of God cannot be absolutely determined scientifically, historically, or philosophically, then living with the reality of God becomes a process that primarily involves our collective prefrontal cortex (PFC)-limbic-right brain systems of trust and faith. Our left brain narratives (our theologies) are important for our ability to communicate within our communities of faith, and allow us to explore our common origin and hopefully facilitate our divine sanctification. Our sacred narrative will also help guide us in our spiritual (PFC-limbic-right brain systems of trust and faith) quests to know God, and to transform our individual and communal biopsychosocial-cultural experience of God
"We know in part..." God is love. God is Spirit. God is mystery.
Below are a list of ten heuristics for integrating knowing both God and the universe.
1) Loving intimacy with God is our unifying theological paradigm.
2) Christ-like Mindfulness is a lifestyle sanctification practice or spiritual discipline, which promotes Christ-Like growth and maturity in and through the Christian historical processes of purification, illumination, Christ-like unification with God—see “Orthopraxy,” "Brain Based" & "Spiritual Direction" Pages.
3) In faith we trust that “God Is” the ground (sustaining unifying force) of existence/being; The Spirit of God is the source & destiny (the omega principle/point) of emergent life, and Jesus is the way, the truth and the life (Paradigm) of love. One God, one mystery, and multiple biopsychosocial-cultural human experiences and processes of sanctification in the one God. See: A Theology & Theory of Everything below.
9. PostModernism states with the Apostle Paul that all knowing is experiential and interpersonal. There may be cosmic absolutes, but our knowledge is never absolute, it’s always tentative and subject to error. I Cor 13: 8-13. “We know in part…love never fails, …” Paul emphasizes faith, hope and love, but the “greatest is love.” Absolute truth is the “fullness of God who dwelt in Jesus…and through him, (God) reconciled to Him ALL things,” Colossians 1:20. We have faith in God’s universal grace and love for ALL creation and ALL humans, and His grace for facilitating personal transformation via the Spirit & scripture, which is inspired and authoritative for the training of all the saints…(2Tim 3:16-17).”
Scripture is a witness of the Historical Christ, the Acts of the Holy Spirit, and is the intellectual and experiential foundation of God’s Holy Inclusive Universal Church. Our version/application of Christ-like post moderism is an extention of the Wesleyan Qudrilateral heuristic.
For Definition of Postmoderism: For a discussion of Evangelical Universalism the Pros and Cons, see Universal Salvation? The Current Debate, edited by Robin A. Parry & Christopher H. Partridge. Paternoster Pre U.K. (2003).
10. All knowledge of God can be summed up in the Axiom: Do No Harm, Do Good, and Stay in Love with God, Self and Others.